July 31, 2010

'Pay it Forward' Day...

Dost Log,

Here I am, sitting in my bed, at 01:49am and thinking about the Friendship Day. Obviously ‘overflowing’ with all those good old memories from school, childhood, college (graduation and MBA). It is like an avalanche of thoughts...

As I am miles away from my family, friends, loved ones, and motherland; I tend to think a lot (lot of philosophical) about purpose of life, our existence etc. So, I am struggling with storm of thoughts rushing through my mind. A strange loneliness has filled up my mind. I am relishing and missing all those small things I used do. Night outs with friends, trips, long bike rides, car drives, fights, fun, jokes, PJ’s, teasing, bugging, studies, maggi’s, snaps, birthday parties, cakes, food, tapri chai, kanada bhaji, missal-paav, sports, games, all the festivals, entrance exams, classes, lectures, bunks, proxy’s, library, canteen, college day’s, social functions/gatherings/annual days, performances and what not... there are millions of things. So I thought I won’t be repeating those, but to appeal my dear friends about something. Hope you people don’t take it as a ‘Gyan’ or lecture...

When I was in the school, I was unaware, ignorant and didn’t care about the world except my family. And when I faced the world, it was NOT something that I expected. Reality kicked hard. There are so many moments of Devine despair. However instead of taking this as a defeat, I have decided to face it and change it. I want to turn this upside down. So how am I going to do this? Well, I am going to refer to a movie, ‘Pay it forward’.

“Think of an idea to change our world and put it into ACTION”. Sounds strange, weird, vague, difficult and blah blah... but why can’t it be ‘Possible’? So, I have decided to do this, on this friendship day I am going to think something I can do for one of my friends which might change his/her life. This can be doing something, calling, meeting, helping or anything. The only thing I can do is make him/her happy. Do something good for your friends. But don’t just stop there, carry it forward. If someone does something good to you, carry that good things forward by doing something good for the next friend of yours. Talk to your old friends, listen to them, listen to their pain, and try to reduce/eliminate that... Don’t just party and forget about the world around you. And if you start with people you are friends with, who knows in someday your mind might get broad enough for all the poor, disabled, needy, powerless and scared people, people who have left hope and you can be friend to them.

After all, it’s up to you to try doing this or ignoring this, BUT I am going to do this and follow it religiously throughout my life. These ‘chains’ are much better than the chain mails or those reference chains because they will create and strengthen the thread of friendship and love. Pay the goodness forward.

On this friendship day, at least try transforming few moments of a day for your friend.

God bless you all and thanks a ton for being there for me...

No comments: